Illustration Inspiration

Thursday, November 5, 2009
Oh my... I am literally shaking with inspiration this morning. I have been looking all over the place for illustration design trends and have come across the most talent and innovative artists.

I love the look of fashion illustration - when done well, along with street art. Vector art can get so mundane and dreary compared to the gestural quality of watercolour and ink although there are some brilliant vector artists around.

This morning though I have been captivated by the life, soul and passion of the images below. I am head over heels in love with the doodling and playful quality of Marguerite Sauvage and plan to create a post specifically for her later in the month when I get time. An all time favourite illustrator is Australia's Neryl Walker, who's work graces the pages of magazines, books and cosmetics packaging, most recently for ID Bare Minerals.

Let me know your thoughts, comments and any one that you think should be featured on the Blossom Blog.



 



 
illustration by Erin Petson via Art-Dept.com


Irina Ivanova











 
Jo Mitchell, found on Behance.







Neryl Walker’s delightfully distinctive illustrations feature on the packaging for Bare Escentuals, Buxom Lips. Available at Sephora. She also did Miss Blossom for Bloom cosmetics.


 


 


Toko Ohmori -recognized as one of the world's top illustrators, this Japanese artist provides a unique feel to fashion illustration.






Charmaine D'Silva  "To me, art is a synthesis of my personal feelings".






 Mr Qui (again)

 Mr Qui (again)



Disclaimer: Material on this website is the property of the respective copyright holders. Please respect the authors. Posting images on this blog is designed to promote the very talented artists and offer a dose of inspiration for other artists. If I haven't credited or I have mis-credited any artist or brand or a link is incorrect or you would prefer not to appear here, I sincerely apologise but please let me know so I can remedy the situation.